Pennsylvania Fieldstone Buildings
The eastern U.S., particularly southeastern Pennsylvania, has a lot of attractive 18th- and 19th-century farm houses and mills built from stone. Unlike that shown above, most of the stone used in these houses is irregular fieldstone. Although there may be others, I have never seen another like that in the photo above. More typical Pennsylvania fieldstone buildings are shown below.
- A 19th-century fieldstone mill in Berks County, PA.
- A closer view of the fieldstone mill in Berks County, PA.
- A closeup of the quoins in the Berks County, PA mill.
- A very symmetrical fieldstone house. Did they build duplexes in the18th- and 19th-century?
- A closer view of the fieldstone house.
- A very unique stone building (not really fieldstone) in southern Pennsylvania.